- December 06, 2014A look into the other WIPALL malware variants that may be linked to the Sony Pictures incident, including a variant that disables the running antivirus application and another that displays a warning message.
- December 05, 2014How did hackers manage to drop a “warning“ wallpaper into Sony Pictures' office computers? With a malware family that we've seen before.
- December 03, 2014Dealing with attacks, intrusions, and data thefts is now a part of doing business for many organizations. The recent attack on Sony Pictures highlights the importance of proper incident response.
- December 01, 2014The United States Industrial Control System Cyber Emergency Response Team recently released an advisory warning operators of industrial control systems that there is an active cyber crime campaign targeting them with Trojans and backdoor attacks.
- November 25, 2014Reports have implicated a sophisticated piece of malware known as Regin that has been in use for years. Designed to carry out long-term stealthy surveillance on would-be victims, telecom companies are believed to have been its primary targets.
- November 21, 2014Backdoors are applications that open computers to remote access, and are used as a way to avoid detection and carry out targeted attacks. How can IT administrators secure their networks against these backdoor techniques?
- November 20, 2014During the first half of 2014, attacks against Asia-Pacific countries showed some notable techniques used by attackers to evade detection and steal data. This report details the targeted attack campaigns and trends over that period.
- November 19, 2014For many organizations, the question is no longer if they fall victim to a targeted attack, but when. In such an event, how an organization responds will determine whether it becomes a serious event or if it stays a mere annoyance.
- November 05, 2014Leaving your computer vulnerable to attack makes you a danger not just to yourself, but to everyone else on the Internet. How do botnets work, what are the risks, and how can you protect yourself?