- July 03, 2015As smart devices become more prevalent and are used in critical situations, software developers will have to understand that they now have a greater responsibility to keep their software products safe.
- June 16, 2015Password managers have made the tedious task of managing multiple accounts easier with the use of a single repository of various login credentials locked behind a master password. But what if this, too, gets hacked?
- June 10, 2015In light of recent incidents that exposed security holes in U.S. government agency systems, President Barrack Obama issued a memorandum mandating the strict use of secure connection protocols on all publicly accessible websites and services.
- May 29, 2015Indian music streaming service Gaana was temporarily taken offline today and the passwords of all its users reset due to a data breach. Evidently, it was breached by a frustrated hacker who previously reported the vulnerability, but got ignored.
- May 27, 2015A recent string of website defacements call for the release of SpyEye creator Hamza Bendelladj, codename Bx1. Trend Micro, working law enforcement, facilitated his arrest in 2013. Two years after, how has this affected the war on cybercrime?
- May 20, 2015A Trend Micro researcher discovered tampered Domain Name System (DNS) settings on his home router, prompting him to look at other possible attack scenarios and threats against this device.
- May 14, 2015This research paper offers a look into "Operation Tropic Trooper", an ongoing targeted attack campaign that uses old infiltration tactics to steal state and industry secrets since 2012.
- May 11, 2015Insider threats pose serious risks to company networks. Trend Micro Chief Technology Officer Raimund Genes believes that organizations should focus on deciding what data to protect. Watch the video to know how to categorize data.
- April 14, 2015Analysis and insight on targeted attack cases in 2014, with information on state-sponsored attacks and the new tools and techniques used.