- May 13, 2015While Facebook is still the go-to place for many social purposes, newer social apps make it convenient for teens to capture and share fresh and fleeting moments. Get the latest tips on how to help your teen use them safely.
- May 06, 2015Phishing continues to be a popular method used by cybercriminals to trick users into giving out their personal information and credentials. Before you become a victim, learn about popular phishing techniques, and how to spot a phishing attempt.
- April 30, 2015How dangerous is it to leave your personal information—your name, your social security number, your credit card and financial details, even your email address and phone number—where other people can access them?
- April 28, 2015Twitter now gives you the option to send and receive private messages from anyone, including those who aren't in your contact list. Should you opt in?
- April 14, 2015How do people feel about security, privacy, and the Internet of Things? A global survey was held to gain insight on how people from different countries value their personal data. See the results in this infographic.
- April 01, 2015The variety of things people do online has given cybercriminals more avenues and ways to distribute malicious links that spread malware and steal data. Here are some of the most common tricks they use, and a guide on how to spot them.
- March 31, 2015Observe World Backup Day by learning why you should back up, what to back up, where to store them, when you should do it, and how to do it.
- March 31, 2015Data loss and theft are common these days, given that data sells big-time in underground cybercriminal markets. This World Backup day, check if you can actually survive a series of data disasters should they happen to you.
- March 19, 2015What would you do if an agent from a legitimate company called you, offering technical support for a problem you didn't know your computer had? These days, cyber scams are going offline. Here's how to spot one.