- August 29, 2018A campaign targeting Peruvian banks involve the use of phishing emails intended to lure victims via clickable links advertising Bitcoin.
- August 28, 2018A review of the first half of 2018 shows a threat landscape that not only has constant and familiar features but also has morphing and uncharted facets: Ever-present threats steadily grew while emerging ones used stealth.
- August 03, 2018Security researchers uncovered a cryptojacking campaign that exploits a vulnerability in MikroTik routers to inject a malicious version of Coinhive. Here’s what you need to know.
- July 24, 2018Security researchers uncovered that a version of Jigsaw, an old ransomware, has resurfaced as a bitcoin stealer. Its operators have already netted 8.4 bitcoins (US$66,807 as of July 24, 2018) using the repurposed malware.
- July 09, 2018A new Rakhni variant was found with the ability to decide whether to install ransomware or cryptominers. It also has a worm component, installs spyware, and can disable Windows Defender.
- June 20, 2018Cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb suspended all services after an attack resulted in losses amounting to approximately US$31 million.
- May 29, 2018A persistent Monero-miner malware increases CPU activity and drains the batteries of Mac users, making the hardware prone to system slowdown and overheating.
- May 22, 2018A researcher found MEWKit targeting MyEtherWallet users in a phishing campaign, draining online wallets unnoticed through an automated transfer system, as well as getting their login and exchange credentials.
- May 16, 2018Researchers found an ongoing campaign targeting an EOL server to mine Electroneum cryptocurrency.