Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- July 31, 2015Sending malicious apps via MMS isn't just the only way to exploit the Stagefright vulnerability. Another flaw in the system's mediaserver component involves its inability to properly handle a malformed MP4 file, which leads to a bug that could be explo
- July 29, 2015Researchers recently uncovered a critical security flaw that threatens to expose almost a billion users to what's being considered as "one of the worst Android vulnerabilities discovered".
- July 21, 2015A lot has happened since the surveillance software company Hacking Team got hacked last week. Here's a quick rundown of updates on the zero-day vulnerabilities that was found following the HT data dump.
- July 14, 2015Windows Server 2003 will soon join Microsoft’s roster of end-of-life systems. Like Windows XP, Server 2003 will no longer receive security updates after July 14, 2015. What are the different security risks and challenges you might face?
- July 08, 2015A surveillance software company gets breached, exposing files that include an exploit for a zero-day. Several exploit kits have been updated to include the exploit that affects all versions of Adobe Flash player.
- July 01, 2015E-commerce sites have become prime targets for data thieves. The most recent incident involved Magento, eBay’s e-commerce platform.
- June 23, 2015Details on the programming languages that gets exploited the most, the reasons behind the numbers, and the downsides of using "popular" software.
- June 10, 2015A Unity Web Player plug-in vulnerability has been discovered that reportedly allows attackers to steal data from online accounts.
- June 02, 2015Mere months after the very first backdoor access vulnerability for Macs was reported, another one has just been discovered with the same capability that doesn’t need physical access to do its dirty work.