Social Media Security
- November 04, 2014A lot of mobile apps and online services offer to protect your identity by promising to delete or encrypt your data or give you the option to turn off tracking. But is the concept of online anonymity really that simple?
- October 22, 2014Twitter is a very popular online social platform because it's lightweight, easy to use, and widely adopted. Unfortunately these reasons also make it a prime target for abuse. See how this is done, and how to avoid being a victim.
- October 01, 2014A look at the scope and scale of the threats that can be found on Twitter, including tweets that point to malicious URLs, phishing attacks.
- October 01, 2014After gathering more than 570 million tweets, it has been found that more than 33 million, or 5.8% of them had links to malicious content of some kind or another, including links to malware, spammed ads, and phishing pages.
- September 26, 2014Nine widespread scams that you're most likely to encounter on popular social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter, how they work, and tips on how to avoid them.
- August 06, 2014Thinking and recalling strong passwords can be a challenge, especially for multiple accounts. If you don't want to trust your security to a password manager, here are a number of ways you can create strong passwords that you can remember.
- July 29, 2014Transformers, 22 Jump Street, Godzilla - these are some of the movie titles that get our attention. Cybercriminals also use these titles to lure users into traps built into sites like Tumblr and WordPress.
- July 18, 2014Hours after the fateful crash of Malaysia Airlines 777, suspicious .tk links on Twitter posts led to spyware downloads, while “actual footage“ posts on Facebook pointed to adware.
- July 13, 2014Phishing sites, scams, and fake mobile apps - these are some of the cybercriminal schemes Trend Micro researchers found when huge sporting events are underway.