Social Media Security
- February 11, 2015As we celebrate Safer Internet Day, we provide insights and tips on how to make the Internet a better place for the youth. Find out the different areas of your online life that you need to protect.
- February 03, 2015Understanding how social engineering is done, and the types of lures that are usually used, is the first step towards preventing them. Here's a look at the most popular lures used in 2014.
- January 28, 2015The idiom "sharing is caring" is still generally true, but on social media, oversharing can be risky. For International Data Privacy Day, we highlight the importance of protecting our privacy on social networks and what you can do to improve it.
- January 27, 2015Facebook, Instagram, Tinder, and other sites were down for about an hour. Facebook is back up now and has sent a brief word of how a change in infrastructure configuration could have caused the outage.
- January 13, 2015The social media accounts of the US Central Command was compromised for 30 minutes. While the incident reportedly had no operational impact, it should serve as a lesson for people and organizations who control high-profile online accounts.
- December 26, 2014A collaboration between Trend Micro and Facebook found attacks that actively attempt to exploit an existing vulnerability. The attack targets Facebook users via a link in a particular page that leads to a malicious site.
- December 04, 2014A crop of new privacy issues are raised by revisions on Facebook and Twitter's terms and conditions, specifically in how they gather data for delivering tailored content. Exactly what are users sacrificing, and is it worth it?
- November 26, 2014This video explains the importance of spotting social media scams, why cybercriminals like to target social channels, and the ways you can avoid falling for them.
- November 20, 2014Relying on a social network site’s privacy settings is just the start, but there are other ways your personal information can leak out. Addressing these potential privacy risks can help you protect your data.