- October 01, 2018Security researchers came across a Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) rootkit in the wild being used for cyberespionage. Named LoJax, the rootkit is reportedly packaged with other tools that modifies the system’s firmware to infect it with malware.
- August 10, 2018Data breaches take time and a lot of effort to pull off, but successful breaches can affect not just organizations, but also millions of people. Learn what a data breach is, what types of data is usually stolen, and what happens to stolen data.
- July 10, 2018In an increasing trend since the implementation of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, several more companies have disclosed system data breaches that resulted in stolen information.
- June 15, 2018PyRoMineIoT malware infects systems with a Monero miner, spreads using RCE EternalRomance by removing or modifying accounts and passwords with privileged access, and scans for vulnerable Internet of Things devices for possible future attacks.
- June 06, 2018Online genealogy platform MyHeritage calls for all users to change their passwords after learning of a breach that occurred in October 2017.
- May 09, 2018Equifax submitted a report outlining the extent of the 2017 data breach of their systems, stating that hackers stole approximately 2.4 million PII and document scans.
- March 06, 2018An update of the Spectre attacks called SgxPectre can obtain data from Intel's SGX enclaves, which are supposedly secure repositories for sensitive and valuable data.
- March 05, 2018Attackers abuse memcached servers to cause the biggest DDoS attack recorded. The target-- software development platforms GitHub-- was down for only 10 minutes.