- March 11, 2015Is your Android device updated? Here's a look into the different Android versions, the major flaws that affected them, and the new security features on the latest version.
- January 07, 2015A look at the notable mobile threats and trends that affected Android and iOS platforms during the second half of 2014: the growth of mobile malware, the top mobile threats, and more.
- October 23, 2014Apple and Google recently announced updates to their mobile operating systems, with both iOS 8 and Android Lollipop sporting improved security measures.
- September 15, 2014Certain versions of Google Wallet and Alipay in-app payment SDKs contain a vulnerability that could allow phishing attacks. Our analysis of the two SDKs describes the vulnerability in detail.
- August 05, 2014If an attacker successfully exploits a vulnerability we found in older versions of Spotify for Android, the attacker can use this vulnerability to phish data. Spotify's prompt action to patch this vulnerability protects its users from this threat.
- August 04, 2014Evernote issues a patch for its Android app has been found to be vulnerable. In the course of our investigation, however, we found another vulnerability that Evernote has to look at.
- July 29, 2014Trend Micro researchers found two critical vulnerabilties in Alipay, an app payment system popular in China. When exploited, the vulnerabilities allow attackers to manipulate app displays or create phishing pages to get data.
- July 24, 2014The “open“ nature of Android allows many app developers to explore the potential of the system. However, the very “open“ nature of Android could also allow abuse and exploits. Trend Micro analyzes some of these risks.
- February 11, 2014By the end of 2013, online banking malware, ransomware, malicious Android apps, and vulnerabilities stood out in the threat landscape. Questions arise as to how IoE will change this as threats advance towards smart devices.