- March 06, 2015Cybercriminals are once again taking advantage of tax season, and besides phishing pages, they've got another nasty surprise up their sleeves for taxpayers in the ANZ region: Torrentlocker.
- February 13, 2015From quasi-historical plots, to gritty biopics, there’s no denying that the awards season is upon us. While the film race isn’t tidily cut-and-dried yet, find out what types of social engineering lures cybercriminals are using to trick excited fans.
- February 12, 2015Valentine’s day is coming up, and the Internet is starting to come alive with active threats that try to bait unknowing users with topics related to love or dating. Here are some of the most common that we found for the season.
- February 05, 2015V-day is still a week away but we've already found a variety of spam emails with Valentine’s Day used as keywords within parts of the messages.
- January 29, 2015The Superbowl is an annual spectacle that everyone wants to be a part of—even scammers and cybercriminals. We have already started seeing several spammed messages that use the upcoming Superbowl XLIX as bait.
- January 08, 2015There's a significant increase in the number of spammed messages with links that lead to various Russian dating sites. While these types of messages are fairly common, this recent wave is unusual in several ways.
- November 21, 2014Thanksgiving and shopping holidays are coming up, but cybercriminals work overtime during this season. This year, take the safe route and learn how you can avoid spam email and other online threats.
- October 31, 2014This Halloween, we’ve rounded up ten of the scariest tactics cybercriminals use to trick users into clicking on malicious links, open suspicious attachments, install fake software, and more.
- October 22, 2014Twitter is a very popular online social platform because it's lightweight, easy to use, and widely adopted. Unfortunately these reasons also make it a prime target for abuse. See how this is done, and how to avoid being a victim.