- March 16, 2016A new iOS malware that exploits Apple DRM flaws has been discovered—and it's one that could potentially affect “any device,” even non-jailbroken ones.
- February 25, 2016A compromised database of child tracker app, uKnowkids, leaked not just millions of text messages, photos, and thousands of customer profiles, but also troves of corporate data.
- February 24, 2016MasterCard ups the ante on mobile payment security with a new app that lets users verify online payments with a selfie.
- January 15, 2016Not everyone is aware of—or is willing to learn about—the conditions stipulated in the permissions of apps before they allow access. Are your apps compromising your privacy?
- November 19, 2015Who wants to know who viewed their social media profile? A mobile app that purportedly allowed social media users to see who viewed their profiles was discovered to be a phishing app, but not before potentially compromising almost a million users.
- November 17, 2015From big data breaches to attacks on mobile and PoS platforms, What can we learn from the past quarter's notable security stories? Are they early signs of bigger events to come?
- October 27, 2015From new extortion schemes and IoT threats to improved cybercrime legislation, Trend Micro predicts how the security landscape is going to look like in 2016.
- October 08, 2015Earlier this year, an Android vulnerability called Stagefright was discovered that can be exploited through MMS messages. A successor been discovered that uses the web browser to infect devices.
- October 06, 2015More iOS security holes found? Shortly after the XcodeGhost malware issue, a new malware dubbed YiSpecter has been discovered spreading to iOS devices through the App Store.