- December 05, 2014How did hackers manage to drop a “warning“ wallpaper into Sony Pictures' office computers? With a malware family that we've seen before.
- December 02, 2014A look into the threat landscape during the third quarter of 2014 reveals the loopholes and vulnerabilities in often overlooked targets such as routers and PoS systems that were used as attack vectors.
- November 28, 2014A new point-of-sale (PoS) malware family has been detected, which is making the rounds just in time for this year’s holiday shopping weekend.
- November 25, 2014Reports have implicated a sophisticated piece of malware known as Regin that has been in use for years. Designed to carry out long-term stealthy surveillance on would-be victims, telecom companies are believed to have been its primary targets.
- November 25, 2014While still offering a relatively safe mobile environment, the iOS platform still has it's own share of threats. Masque and Wirelurker are only the latest, but not the last, threats to target Apple device users.
- November 19, 2014Point-of-Sale terminals and environments are very often left insecure, making them excellent targets. Here is a look into some of the tools and methods used by PoS threat actors.
- November 18, 2014Wirelurker, a malware family that targets Mac and iOS devices, has been discovered to infiltrate even non-jailbroken devices. But should there be a cause for panic?
- November 12, 2014A long-running cyber espionage campaign called DarkHotel has been discovered using malware to target executives through Wi-Fi networks of hotels in the Asia-Pacific region.
- October 28, 2014Last month, a Latin American organized crime gang hacked over 14 ATMs in Malaysia, pilfering an estimated RM3mil (almost $1 million USD). While the incident only affected the banks that were hit, there are other threats that target ATM users as well.