- October 22, 2014Despite the availability of fixes related to the Sandworm vulnerability (CVE-2014-4114), new attacks related to this flaw are still being spotted. These attacks contain a new routine that could prevent detection.
- October 21, 2014We've seen malware that takes advantage of cloud-based sharing sites such as DropBox, Sendspace, and Evernote. Add Google Drive to that list. We recently came across malware that uses Google Drive as one way of siphoning information from its victims.
- October 20, 2014Recent data breaches in big enterprises make one thing clear: data privacy and protection is a concern for all organizations, not just large ones. Data privacy isn't just a “big business“ problem. Even smaller organizations are at risk.
- October 20, 2014Smart locks are very convenient devices that allow users to lock or unlock doors remotely or detect break-ins remotely. But are they secure enough?
- October 15, 2014While the Internet of Everything is designed to make life easier with the use of interconnected networks and devices, you still have to remember that there are many ways your data can be misused or compromised.
- October 14, 2014Microsoft has announced the discovery of a zero-day vulnerability affecting all supported versions of Microsoft Windows and Windows Server 2008 and 2012 that is being used in attacks against NATO and several European industries and sectors.
- October 03, 2014Earlier this year, a website was compromised and used to spread online baking malware to approximately 7,000 victims in a span of two hours. This video describes how the site was compromised, the details of the attack, and the capabilities of the payloads.
- October 03, 2014According to the FBI, in the two and a half years of Silk Road’s existence, the site has generated sales totaling over 9.5 million Bitcoins and collected commissions on those sales of over 600,000 Bitcoins. Read more about Deep Web marketplaces here.
- October 01, 2014A look at the scope and scale of the threats that can be found on Twitter, including tweets that point to malicious URLs, phishing attacks.