- September 27, 2018Security researchers recently discovered a banking trojan named DanaBot being distributed to European countries via spam emails. Here’s what users and businesses need to know about this threat and how managed detection and response can help address it.
- September 03, 2018Trend Micro researchers recently discovered a new spam campaign being distributed with a downloader under the guise of a .WIZ which then drops a backdoor payload. This spam campaign has been noted to target financial institutions.
- April 12, 2018Security researchers uncovered a multi-stage attack chain that takes advantage of a design behavior in RTF files and a vulnerability in Microsoft Office (CVE-2017-8570) to deliver the Formbook RAT.
- April 10, 2018We look at some of the defining moments in the threat landscape that helped steer organizations toward adding proactive incident response strategies to their cybersecurity defenses.
- August 30, 2017Email is a major entry point for all kinds of threats. Onliner is a massive operation that uses account data harvested from previous breaches to spread malware.
- June 27, 2016Apart from understanding the ransomware tactics and techniques beyond encryption, it is equally important to understand how they arrive in the environment.
- June 23, 2015Spam with messages that contain an "attached resume" is being used to spread Cryptowall 3.0, a ransomware variant that uses RSA encryption to lock down its victims' files.
- May 22, 2015Personal information of the users of online adult dating site AdultFriendFinder have reportedly been leaked, with intimate details that open them up to extortion.
- May 05, 2015Spam emails that use the recent Nepal earthquake as a hook are being used to trick users into downloading malware.