- January 26, 2018A new botnet dubbed “Hide ‘N Seek”, or HNS, is seemingly one of the first to use custom built peer-to-peer (P2P) communication for its infrastructure.
- January 19, 2018A new Satori variant was found hacking into Claymore mining rigs and changing configurations to mine Ethereum cryptocurrency.
- January 03, 2018The source code of the Satori internet-of-things (IoT) botnet, pegged as Mirai's successor, was posted online on Pastebin. What does this mean in the IoT threat landscape, and what can users do against it?
- October 24, 2017A massive new botnet has the potential to be bigger and more dangerous than Mirai.
- April 11, 2016Mumblehard, a botnet that targets servers running Linux has been shut down a year after it was first discovered.
- November 05, 2014Leaving your computer vulnerable to attack makes you a danger not just to yourself, but to everyone else on the Internet. How do botnets work, what are the risks, and how can you protect yourself?
- October 14, 2014Right on the heels of the Shellshock comes another threat that targets Mac users. Known as iWORM, this malware connects to a C&C server, allowing it to perform actions ranging from information theft and file downloads to configuration changes.
- September 26, 2014There are new reports that mention incidents of botnet attacks that leveraged Shellshock against certain institutions. A botnet is a network of infected computers/systems.