- August 08, 2019Another Mirai offshoot spotted: A variant of the Echobot botnet was found using over 50 exploits that lead to remote code execution (RCE), arbitrary command execution, and command injection in internet of things (IoT) devices.
- May 01, 2019Malicious actors behind the distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks against Electrum Bitcoin wallet users were seen switching to a new malware loader.
- April 04, 2019Trend Micro researchers uncovered a new variant of the notorious Mirai malware that uses multiple exploits to target various routers and internet-of-things devices.
- March 21, 2019A new Mirai botnet variant is targeting smart signage TV and wireless presentation systems commonly used by businesses. Upgraded with 11 new exploits and default credentials for brute-forcing, enterprises are advised to patch immediately.
- September 24, 2018Akamai researchers found an increase in credential stuffing attacks on the financial sector after observing over 30 billion malicious login attempts from November 2017 to June 2018.
- September 19, 2018New malware family Xbash combines multiple threats targeting vulnerable Linux and Microsoft servers. Combining multiple payload capabilities, enterprises are recommended to patch and monitor patching and recovery procedures to mitigate this threat.
- September 12, 2018New variants of Mirai and Gafgyt botnets were found targeting well-known vulnerabilities using multiple exploits directed at enterprises for possible DDoS attacks, including the flaw used in the 2017 Equifax data breach.
- August 03, 2018Security researchers uncovered a cryptojacking campaign that exploits a vulnerability in MikroTik routers to inject a malicious version of Coinhive. Here’s what you need to know.
- June 27, 2018Researchers reported that the hospitality industry remains a top target for hackers aiming to steal data or access accounts using botnets and stolen credentials.