- September 16, 2019A new family of malware with an apparent connection to the notorious Ryuk ransomware was uncovered — but instead of encrypting files, they were found targeting government-, military-, and finance-related files.
- August 23, 2019Contrary to their moniker, the Silence cybercriminal group has reported to be actively targeting banks and financial institutions in more than 30 countries, managing to steal US$4.2 million from June 2016 to August 2019.
- April 25, 2019The source code of the notorious Carbanak backdoor, which was linked to several high-profile data breaches, was found on the VirusTotal platform. What does this mean to enterprises?
- February 08, 2019Our continued forays into the cybercriminal underground allowed us to see how the tactics and techniques used to attack financial organizations changed over the years.
- October 29, 2018To move forward, we need to look into the past to figure out what the best course of action is. Take a trip down memory lane with this infographic to see how far we've come in securing the digital world.
- May 30, 2018Recently discovered malware MnuBot is making the rounds in Brazil, targeting local banks and their customers with malware families commonly used for fraud in the region.
- September 09, 2015The features and capabilities of Sphinx, an online banking Trojan from a long line of ZeuS variants, that was recently discovered making the rounds in the cybercriminal underground.
- August 31, 2015Online banking is not without risks. As much as it offers ease and convenience, when it comes to security, fraudsters and cybercriminals are very much on the lookout for unknowing users they can steal from.
- May 11, 2015A detailed look into the security threats in the ANZ region that were prevalent in 2014, as well as the various trends and user behavior that could have contributed or shaped its threat landscape.