- April 13, 2018Because most malware threats come from software download events, Trend Micro subsequently developed a human-readable machine learning system that successfully classifies unknown files into either benign or malicious in nature.
- January 04, 2018Microsoft is implementing a new process for delivering Windows updates and patches: Registry keys are now required. Here's what users and businesses need to know.
- December 26, 2017Here are some of 2017's notably abused system administration tools and protocols as well as best practices enterprises can do against threats that exploit them.
- September 14, 2017There is no panacea for building a hacker-proof firewall, but there are things that can be done to streamline its management. These best practices provide a starting point for managing your firewall—so you and your company don’t get burned.
- September 11, 2017A bug recently found in the Windows kernel can purportedly prevent AV/security software from identifying malware. Here’s what you need to know.
- August 31, 2017Based on its growing popularity, biometric authentication is here to stay. However, its prevalence also comes with rising concerns about the technology's level of security, and the possible implications that can stem from it if compromised.
- June 01, 2017Filess malware that abuse Windows’ PowerShell are now increasingly becoming more common—from ransomware, click-fraud malware to Trojan downloaders. Here’s a closer look on how to mitigate these threats.
- April 03, 2017Sandboxes are typically the last line of defense for many traditional security solutions. For elusive malware that can escape them, however, not just any sandbox will do.
- February 24, 2016MasterCard ups the ante on mobile payment security with a new app that lets users verify online payments with a selfie.