- October 22, 2014Twitter is a very popular online social platform because it's lightweight, easy to use, and widely adopted. Unfortunately these reasons also make it a prime target for abuse. See how this is done, and how to avoid being a victim.
- October 20, 2014As news about the Ebola pandemic flooded the Internet, cybercriminals and have seized the opportunity to use the popularity of the topic as bait to lure unsuspecting victims to pages that could be used to steal their information and credentials.
- October 01, 2014A look at the scope and scale of the threats that can be found on Twitter, including tweets that point to malicious URLs, phishing attacks.
- August 29, 2014A case of spammers looking for legitimate ways to send spam. Our research shows an IP provider in Canada and several US-registered domains were found to be sending salad words spam.
- August 14, 2014Scrutinize that Google Drive or Dropbox link before clicking. Spam could be used to distribute backdoors; in this case, the message includes a link that points to a Google Drive URL.
- July 24, 2014The growth in spam volume during the first of half of 2014 can be attributed to the prevalence of threats that use spam as an infection vector. This include known threats like DOWNAD, UPATRE, and ZEUS/ZBOT.
- July 07, 2014The iPhone 6 September release became the subject of spammed messages that is actually a scam.