Business Email Compromise
- July 12, 2019The government of the City of Griffin, Georgia, lost over US$800,000 to a business email compromise (BEC) scam last month.
- May 02, 2019BEC threat actors are expanding from their traditional enterprise victims toward nonprofit and religious organizations, with a recent incident involving a church.
- April 16, 2019A new business email compromise (BEC) scheme, where attacker tricks the recipients into rerouting paychecks by direct deposit, has emerged.
- April 10, 2019The threat actor London Blue has been refining its BEC techniques and expanding its scope for both targets and regions.
- March 26, 2019A business email compromise (BEC) scheme took more than $100 million from Facebook and Google. Legitimate-looking invoices, contracts and more fooled the two tech companies and they wired millions to the fraudsters over a period of years.
Attackers Use Legacy IMAP Protocol to Bypass Multifactor Authentication in Cloud Accounts, Leading to Internal Phishing and BECMarch 22, 2019Brute-force attacks against user accounts in cloud services prove that multifactor authentication is only one part of an effective multilayered security implementation.
- March 15, 2019As cybersecurity technology becomes better at detecting email-based threats, attackers continue to employ leveled up social engineering tactics – such as phishing – to increase the likelihood of users falling for fraud, identity theft, or spoofing.
- March 04, 2019To provide organizations a comprehensive view of the email threat landscape, we look at notable occurrences of advanced email threats used by cybercriminals as well as advanced security techniques that can effectively defend against them.
- February 26, 2019Bij het terugblikken op de belangrijkste problemen van 2018, konden we een verschuiving in de strategieën van cybercriminelen waarnemen, evenals aanhoudende beveiligingsbedreigingen.