Adware: The term adware is short for "advertising-supported software." It refers to any piece of software or application that displays advertisements, usually through pop-up or pop-under windows. Read more
- July 16, 2019New mobile malware Agent Smith targets Android devices to install malicious versions of popular apps. The malware displays fraudulent ads for the attackers' financial gain but can be further used for bigger attacks. Google has removed the malicious apps.
- March 14, 2019Researchers reported two Android malware campaigns that have more than 250 million combined installs: SimBad and Operation Sheep. Learn more about these threats and how to defend against them.
- May 29, 2018Researchers reported that over a hundred Android devices had been preinstalled with the adware Cosiloon, affecting more than 18,000 gadgets in more than 100 countries.
- September 25, 2017Popular keyboard apps are caught collecting user data and sending them to remote servers. The apps also download and execute remote code, which goes against the developer's policies outlined by Google.
- June 09, 2017The adware known as Fireball has been making waves after reportedly infecting over 250 million computers worldwide, with 20 percent occurring on corporate networks. What is it, how dangerous is it and what can be done to defend against it?
- March 10, 2015Watch what you click: Cybercriminals are using a video of Adam Levine's audition video to trick users into downloading malicious software.
- December 18, 2014Planning on catching a flick for the holidays? Make sure cybercriminals don't catch you with your guard down. Here's a list of threats that take advantage of the seasons most popular releases.
- August 19, 2014Adware may seem annoying at best when all it does is create pop-up and pop-under ads on your screen. But some adware have hidden capabilities that deliver more harmful malware behind the scenes.
- July 07, 2014Trend Micro finds an alarming connection between malware and an adware host: a known adware company's server was found to contain MEVADE/SEFNIT malware.