- September 03, 2018Trend Micro researchers recently discovered a new spam campaign being distributed with a downloader under the guise of a .WIZ which then drops a backdoor payload. This spam campaign has been noted to target financial institutions.
- April 12, 2018Security researchers uncovered a multi-stage attack chain that takes advantage of a design behavior in RTF files and a vulnerability in Microsoft Office (CVE-2017-8570) to deliver the Formbook RAT.
- April 10, 2018We look at some of the defining moments in the threat landscape that helped steer organizations toward adding proactive incident response strategies to their cybersecurity defenses.
- August 30, 2017Email is a major entry point for all kinds of threats. Onliner is a massive operation that uses account data harvested from previous breaches to spread malware.
- June 27, 2016Apart from understanding the ransomware tactics and techniques beyond encryption, it is equally important to understand how they arrive in the environment.
- June 23, 2015Spam with messages that contain an "attached resume" is being used to spread Cryptowall 3.0, a ransomware variant that uses RSA encryption to lock down its victims' files.
- May 22, 2015Personal information of the users of online adult dating site AdultFriendFinder have reportedly been leaked, with intimate details that open them up to extortion.
- May 05, 2015Spam emails that use the recent Nepal earthquake as a hook are being used to trick users into downloading malware.
- March 17, 2015Online and offline threats abound during tax season. The latest: calls from fake IRS agents taking advantage of unsuspecting victims, reportedly scaring their victims into paying up.