- October 28, 2014Last month, a Latin American organized crime gang hacked over 14 ATMs in Malaysia, pilfering an estimated RM3mil (almost $1 million USD). While the incident only affected the banks that were hit, there are other threats that target ATM users as well.
- October 23, 2014Apple and Google recently announced updates to their mobile operating systems, with both iOS 8 and Android Lollipop sporting improved security measures.
- October 22, 2014Despite the availability of fixes related to the Sandworm vulnerability (CVE-2014-4114), new attacks related to this flaw are still being spotted. These attacks contain a new routine that could prevent detection.
- October 21, 2014Online advertisements are increasingly being used by cybercriminals as a way to harvest info or install malicous code. Find out how malicious ads work and how you can avoid being a victim of such threats.
- October 21, 2014We've seen malware that takes advantage of cloud-based sharing sites such as DropBox, Sendspace, and Evernote. Add Google Drive to that list. We recently came across malware that uses Google Drive as one way of siphoning information from its victims.
- October 20, 2014As news about the Ebola pandemic flooded the Internet, cybercriminals and have seized the opportunity to use the popularity of the topic as bait to lure unsuspecting victims to pages that could be used to steal their information and credentials.
- October 17, 2014Proof-of-concept malware that leverages flaws in USB drives has been made available. It was supposedly released to address the security issue, but the code could also be used and manipulated by bad guys. What do you need to know about BadUSB?
- October 15, 2014Around a year after the massive Target data breach, two more well-known brands have confirmed that they have been breached through infected point-of-sale systems.
- October 14, 2014Right on the heels of the Shellshock comes another threat that targets Mac users. Known as iWORM, this malware connects to a C&C server, allowing it to perform actions ranging from information theft and file downloads to configuration changes.