Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- September 06, 2019Amidst news of the Satori author pleading guilty, researchers found over 600,000 exposed GPS trackers due to the use of a default password.
- September 04, 2019A recently discovered email scheme reportedly deployed by a hacking group called ChaosCC claims to have hijacked recipients’ computers and recorded videos of them while watching adult content.
- September 02, 2019Dubai and Taiwan were hit by two separate ransomware attacks. Several hospitals in Taiwan and a Dubai-based contracting firm were affected.
- August 30, 2019Stolen cellphones can lead to stolen information and credentials through the combination of both traditional crimes and phishing attacks.
- August 29, 2019Cybercriminals are trying to scam Instagram users out of their login credentials via fake two-factor authentication notifications.
- August 28, 2019Security researchers have discovered that attackers can abuse the Web Services Dynamic Discovery (WS-Discovery) protocol to launch massive distributed denial of service (DDoS) campaigns. Security researchers have issued a warning after seeing cybercriminals ab
- August 23, 2019Contrary to their moniker, the Silence cybercriminal group has reported to be actively targeting banks and financial institutions in more than 30 countries, managing to steal US$4.2 million from June 2016 to August 2019.
- August 23, 2019An open-source ransomware variant is being used to target players of Fortnite, an online video game with 250 million gamers as of March 2019.
- August 19, 2019The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) recently reported that the systems of 23 organizations in the state, mainly smaller local governments, were affected by ransomware attacks.