- May 06, 2019More than 1.5 million malicious and spam emails were sent from thousands of compromised Office 365 accounts in March 2019 alone, a new report reveals.
- April 19, 2019A new report found that of 546,247 phishing attacks deployed against Office 365, 25% were able to bypass its security.
- April 16, 2019A new business email compromise (BEC) scheme, where attacker tricks the recipients into rerouting paychecks by direct deposit, has emerged.
- March 29, 2019Personal health information of over 350,000 consumers were potentially compromised after nine employees of the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) fell victim to a phishing attack.
- March 27, 2019A recently published paper warns of the prospect of advanced techniques being used to throw machine learning (ML) systems off.
- March 15, 2019As cybersecurity technology becomes better at detecting email-based threats, attackers continue to employ leveled up social engineering tactics – such as phishing – to increase the likelihood of users falling for fraud, identity theft, or spoofing.
- March 04, 2019To provide organizations a comprehensive view of the email threat landscape, we look at notable occurrences of advanced email threats used by cybercriminals as well as advanced security techniques that can effectively defend against them.
- February 14, 2019Catching malware outbreaks early keeps users, communities, enterprises, and governments safe. But if malware samples are scarce, can machine learning help analyze, detect, and end an outbreak?
- December 19, 2018As of 2018, global losses to BEC have exceeded US$12 billion. To keep abreast of the landscape that scammers are operating in, we look back on some of the noteworthy incidents and trends that made BEC a headline staple this year.