Identifying the Malware Program
To remove this malware, first identify the malware program.
- Scan your system with your Trend Micro antivirus product.
- NOTE all files detected as TROJ_DLOADER.U.
Trend Micro customers need to download the latest pattern file before scanning their system. Other users can use Housecall, Trend Micro�s free online virus scanner.
Terminating the Malware Program
This procedure terminates the running malware process. You will need the name(s) of the file(s) detected earlier.
- Open Windows Task Manager.
� On Windows 95, 98, and ME, press
� On Windows NT, 2000, and XP, press
CTRL%20SHIFT%20ESC, then click the Processes tab.
- In the list of running programs*, locate the malware file(s) detected earlier.
- Select one of the detected files, then press either the End Task or the End Process button, depending on the version of Windows on your system.
- Do the same for all detected malware files in the list of running processes.
- To check if the malware process has been terminated, close Task Manager, and then open it again.
- Close Task Manager.
On systems running Windows 95, 98, and ME, Windows Task Manager may not
show certain processes. You can use a third party process viewer such as Process Explorer
to terminate the malware process. Otherwise, continue with the next procedure, noting additional instructions.
Important Windows ME/XP Cleaning Instructions
Users running Windows ME and XP must disable System Restore to allow full scanning of infected systems.
Users running other Windows versions can proceed with the succeeding procedure set(s).
Running Trend Micro Antivirus
Systems infected with this malware can be cleaned by simply scanning for and deleting files detected as TROJ_DLOADER.U. To do this, Trend Micro customers must download the latest pattern file and scan their system. Other Internet users can use HouseCall, Trend Micro�s online virus scanner.
Trend Micro offers best-of-breed antivirus and content-security solutions for your
small and medium business,
or home PC.