Identifying the Malware Program
To remove this malware, first identify the malware program.
- Scan your computer with your Trend Micro antivirus product.
- NOTE the path and file name of all files detected as TROJ_CRYZIP.A.
Trend Micro customers need to download the latest virus pattern file before scanning their computer. Other users can use Housecall, the Trend Micro online virus scanner.
Restarting in Safe Mode
This malware has characteristics that require the computer to be restarted in safe mode. Go to this page for instructions on how to restart your computer in safe mode.
Deleting the Malware File(s)
- Right-click Start then click Search... or Find..., depending on the version of Windows you are running.
- In the Named input box, type the file name(s) detected earlier.
- In the Look In drop-down list, select the drive that contains Windows, then press Enter.
- Once located, select the file then press Delete.
Important Windows ME/XP Cleaning Instructions
Users running Windows ME and XP must disable System Restore to allow full scanning of infected computers.
Users running other Windows versions can proceed with the succeeding solution set(s).
Running Trend Micro Antivirus
If you are currently running in safe mode, please restart your computer normally before performing the following solution.
Scan your computer with Trend Micro antivirus and delete files detected as
TROJ_CRYZIP.A. To do this, Trend Micro customers must download the latest virus pattern file and scan their computer. Other Internet users can use HouseCall, the Trend Micro online virus scanner.
Trend Micro offers best-of-breed antivirus and content-security solutions for your
small and medium business,
or home PC.