- 19 de enero de 2018A new Satori variant was found hacking into Claymore mining rigs and changing configurations to mine Ethereum cryptocurrency.
- 15 de enero de 2018In a recent incident, attackers targeted the Stellar Lumen (XLM) cryptocurrency by compromising the DNS server for BlackWallet.co, a web-based wallet application for XLM.
- 10 de enero de 2018As Ethereum currently sells for over $1,200 per coin, a new ransomware variant that appears to be the first to accept the currency as ransom payment surfaces.
- 09 de enero de 2018Security researchers discovered an installer for a Monero miner intended to transmit the cryptocurrency to Kim Il Sung University (KSU), North Korea. Meanwhile, a Reddit user found a Monero miner in the BlackBerry mobile site.
- 22 de diciembre de 2017Trend Micro observed a recent spate of attacks designed to deliver a webminer for the Electroneum (ETN) cryptocurrency.
- 15 de diciembre de 2017Cybercriminals are hoping to capitalize on the surging value of cryptocurrency. They are experimenting with new ways to hijack users' devices, hoping to gather enough to make a profit from mining.
- 15 de noviembre de 2017A new report reveals Coinhive's reach after it ranked the coin miner as the 6th most common malware in the world.
- 05 de julio de 2017As cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are more widely used, so will the threats that cybercriminals use to abuse it. Here’s a closer look at cryptocurrency-mining malware—their emergence in the threat landscape, impact, and some countermeasures against them.