- March 29, 2023Our research identifies sensitive environmental variables in the Microsoft Azure environment that, when leaked, can be used by malicious actors to compromise the entire serverless environment.
- March 28, 2023We looked into professional and business networking platform LinkedIn and how cybercriminals abuse the platform to victimize users and companies, and how they monetize posted personal, career, and organizational information.
- March 16, 2023In this article, we briefly detail what IPFS is and how it works at the user level, before providing up to date statistics about the current usage of IPFS by cybercriminals, especially for hosting phishing content. We will also discuss emerging new cybercrime activities abusing the IPFS protocol and detail how cybercriminals already consider IPFS for their deeds.
- March 16, 2023The zero trust security model, which assumes that everything and everyone is a potential threat, is a relatively new approach to security that is becoming increasingly popular, especially in and for cloud-native environments.
- March 15, 2023Backed by threat actors from Conti, Royal ransomware is poised to wreak havoc in the threat landscape, starting strong by taking a spot among the most prolific ransomware groups within three months since it was first reported. Combining new and old techniques and quick evolution, it is likely to remain a big player in the threat landscape in the future.
- March 07, 2023Our annual cybersecurity report sheds light on the major security concerns that surfaced and prevailed in 2022.
- February 28, 2023A look into the cybercriminal gender gap, the status and perceptions on gender profiles in the underground, and the role assumptions have for law enforcement.
- February 23, 2023Our research paper shows how decision-makers that are in a position to affect ransomware at scale – including policy-makers and industry leaders – can use data-science approaches to understand ransomware risk holistically and build cybersecurity strategies that can affect the ransomware ecosystem as a whole.
- February 21, 2023We discuss the essential features of the ransomware threat landscape in the fourth quarter of 2022. Our data reveals a key pattern throughout 2022: Established ransomware groups preferred to target small and midsize organizations in North America and Europe.