Tokyo, Japan – November 9, 2011 - Trend Micro (TSE: 4704; the “Company”), a global cloud security leader, today announced booking of Loss on sales of marketable securities in Extraordinary loss was total 4,629 million yen for the third quarter 2011.
This extraordinary loss due to sell off a portion of marketable securities as MMF in €included A) 3,178 million yen in the third quarter 2011 and B) 1,451 million yen as Loss on sales of marketable securities from non-operating expense in the first and second quarter 2011 reclassified to extraordinary loss in the third quarter 2011.
Details of Booking of Extraordinary loss
This extraordinary loss in the third quarter 2011 is mainly due to cancel MMF in €.
|1. Accounting reclassification of Loss on sales of marketable securities from non-operating expense in the first and second quarter 2011:
||1,451 million yen
|2. Loss on sales of marketable securities in the third quarter 2011:
||3,178 million yen
|Total Extraordinary loss for the third quarter 2011:
||4,629 million yen
This extraordinary loss in 4,629 million yen was booked the Third Quarter fiscal year 2011, from July 1 to September 30, today announced. It was also included to forecasts for the cumulative period of the fiscal year ending December 31, 2011, from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011
Note: Forecasts for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2011 (January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011) as of November 9, and previous result for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2010
(in millions of yen)
Notice Regarding Forward-looking Statements
Certain statements that we make in this release are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based upon management’s current assumptions and beliefs in light of the information currently available to it, but involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Many important factors could cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed in our forward-looking statements. These factors include:
- Difficulties in addressing new virus and other computer security problems
- Timing of new product introductions and lack of market acceptance for our new products
- The level of continuing demand for, and timing of sales of, our existing products
- Rapid technological change within the antivirus software industry
- Changes in customer needs for antivirus software
- Existing products and new product introductions by our competitors and the pricing of those products
- Declining prices for products and services
- The effect of future acquisitions on our financial condition and results of operations
- The effect of adverse economic trends on our principal markets
- The effect of foreign exchange fluctuations on our results of operations
- An increase in the incidence of product returns
- The potential lack of attractive investment targets and
- Difficulties in successfully executing our investment strategy
We assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements. For more details regarding risk factors relating to our future performance, please refer to our filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
About Trend Micro:
Trend Micro Incorporated (TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years' experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers' and partners' needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud security infrastructure, our industry-leading cloud-computing security technology, products and services stop threats where they emerge, on the Internet, and are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://trendmicro.mediaroom.com/ and as part of an RSS feed at www.trendmicro.com/rss Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.