Tokyo, Japan – June 30, 2009 - Trend Micro (TSE: 4704), a leader in network antivirus and Internet content security software and services, today announced the results of its share buyback program under Article 156 of the Corporation Law of Japan, as applied pursuant to Article 165(3) of the Corporation Law. And this buyback program approved pursuant to a resolution adopted at a meeting of the Board of Directors held on May 12, 2009 has finished today.
1. Class of Capital Stock to be Purchased
Shares of Common Stock
2. Purchase period
From May 15, 2009 to May 26, 2009 (based on trade date)
3. Number of shares purchased
4. Aggregate cost of shares purchased
Note: At the meeting of the Board of Directors held on May 12, 2009, the Board adopted a resolution approving the share buyback program as follows:
(1) Class of Capital Stock to be Purchased: Shares of Common Stock
(2) Number of Shares to be Purchased: Up to 1,000,000 shares (0.75% of the total outstanding shares)
(3) Total Purchase Price: Up to 3,000 million yen
(4) Schedule: From May 13, 2009 to June 30, 2009
(5) Method of repurchase: Open market purchases at the Tokyo Stock Exchange
Notice Regarding Forward-looking Statements
Certain statements that we make in this release are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based upon management’s current assumptions and beliefs in light of the information currently available to it, but involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Many important factors could cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed in our forward-looking statements. These factors include:
- Difficulties in addressing new virus and other computer security problems
- Timing of new product introductions and lack of market acceptance for our new products
- The level of continuing demand for, and timing of sales of, our existing products
- Rapid technological change within the antivirus software industry
- Changes in customer needs for antivirus software
- Existing products and new product introductions by our competitors and the pricing of those products
- Declining prices for products and services
- The effect of future acquisitions on our financial condition and results of operations
- The effect of adverse economic trends on our principal markets
- The effect of foreign exchange fluctuations on our results of operations
* An increase in the incidence of product returns
- The potential lack of attractive investment targets and
- Difficulties in successfully executing our investment strategy
We assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements. For more details regarding risk factors relating to our future performance, please refer to our filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
About Trend Micro:
Trend Micro Incorporated (TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years' experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers' and partners' needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud security infrastructure, our industry-leading cloud-computing security technology, products and services stop threats where they emerge, on the Internet, and are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://trendmicro.mediaroom.com/ and as part of an RSS feed at www.trendmicro.com/rss Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.