Tokyo, Japan – February 12, 2003 - Trend Micro (TSE: 4704; Nasdaq: TMIC), a worldwide leader in antivirus and Internet content security software and services, today announced that the final terms of Stock Acquisition Rights to be issued as stock options.
1. Issue date of Stock Acquisition Rights:
February 12, 2003
2. Number of Stock Acquisition Rights to be issued:
3. Number of shares to be issued or transferred upon exercise Stock Acquisition Rights:
1,999,500 shares of common stock of the Company
*The number of shares to be issued or transferred upon exercise of each Stock Acquisition Right is 500.
4. Amount to be paid upon exercise of Stock Acquisition Rights:
1,115,000 yen per Stock Acquisition Right (2,230 yen per share)
*The a mount to be paid upon exercise of one Stock Acquisition Rights is obtained by multiplying the Tokyo Stock Exchange closing price on February 12 by the number of shares to be issued or transferred upon exercise of one Stock Acquisition Right.
5 . Aggregated amount to be issued or transferred upon exercise Stock Acquisition Rights:
6. Amount to be accounted for as stated capital:
1,115 yen per share
(1) Date of resolution of the board of directors that decided the proposal at the extraordinary general meeting of shareholders:
June 13, 2002
(2) Date of resolution of the extraordinary general meeting of shareholders:
September 12, 2002
(3) Exercise period of the stock acquisition rights:
From November 1, 2003 to October 31, 2007
About Trend Micro:
Trend Micro Incorporated (TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years' experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers' and partners' needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud security infrastructure, our industry-leading cloud-computing security technology, products and services stop threats where they emerge, on the Internet, and are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://trendmicro.mediaroom.com/ and as part of an RSS feed at www.trendmicro.com/rss Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.