Tokyo, Japan – October 25, 2001 – Trend Micro Inc. (TSE: 4704; Nasdaq: TMIC), a worldwide leader in antivirus and Internet content security solutions, reported that there was a change in its major shareholders as of October 24, 2001.
1. Reason for Change
Due to exercise of the warrants (1st to 4th Series) issued by Trend Micro, the shareholding ratio of Gainway Enterprises Limited, which is a major shareholder, decreased in relation to the number of the issued and outstanding shares of Trend Micro.
2. Name, etc. of Relevant Shareholder
- Name: Gainway Enterprises Limited
- Location of Principal Place of Business: P.O. Box 3151, Roadtown, Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- Representative: Liao Hsueh-Hsuan
- Main Activity: Asset Management
3. Number of Shares Held by Gainway Enterprises and Shareholding Ratio in relation to Number of Issued and Outstanding Shares of Trend Micro
Number of Shares Held Shareholding Ratio in relation to Number of Issued and Outstanding Share Rank in Major Shareholders
Before the Change (As of September 30, 2001) 13,194,000 10.01% 3rd
After the Change 13,194,000 9.99% 3rd