Tokyo, Japan – January 30, 2004 - Trend Micro (TSE: 4704; Nasdaq: TMIC), a leader in network antivirus and Internet content security software and services , today announced that the forecast of financial results (U.S. GAAP) for the fourth quarter of the fiscal year ended December 31, 2003, previously announced on October 21, 2003, is revised as set forth below.
Revision of forecast of financial results for the fourth quarter of FY2003
(October 1, 2003 to December 31, 2003)
(in millions of yen)
|Forecast previously published (A )
|Revision made (B)
|Amount of increase ( B -A )
|Ratio of increase or decrease
(Note) Forecast of annual results reflected by above revisions
In Millions of Yen
|From January 1, 2003 to
December 31, 2003
2.) Reason for Revision
We have decided to revise our forecasts because net income is expected to deviate by more than 30% from the previous forecast, due to the fact that net sales may be higher than the previous forecast, and that income taxes were adjusted in this fourth quarter due to an increase of deferred tax assets of our some subsidiaries which we expect to become profitable and due to certain tax reduction policies.
We will disclose further details when we announce our financial results for the year and quarter ended December 31, 2003, which is scheduled for February 4, 2004.
Notice Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Certain statements that we make in this release are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based upon management's current assumptions and beliefs in light of the information currently available to it, but involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties.
Many important factors could cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed in our forward-looking statements. These factors include:
- Difficulties in addressing new virus and other computer security problems;
- Timing of new product introductions and lack of market acceptance for our new products;
- The level of continuing demand for, and timing of sales of , our existing products;
- Rapid technological change within the anti-virus software industry;
- Changes in customer needs for anti-virus software;
- Existing products and new product introductions by our competitors and the pricing of those products;
- Declining prices for our products and services;
- The effect of future acquisitions on our financial condition and results of operations;
- The effect of adverse economic trends on our principal markets;
- The effect of foreign exchange fluctuations on our results of operations;
- An increase in the incidence of product returns;
- The potential lack of attractive investment targets; and
- Difficulties in successfully executing our investment strategy.
- We assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements.
For more details regarding risk factors relating to our future performance, please refer to our filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
About Trend Micro:
Trend Micro Incorporated (TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years' experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers' and partners' needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud security infrastructure, our industry-leading cloud-computing security technology, products and services stop threats where they emerge, on the Internet, and are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://trendmicro.mediaroom.com/ and as part of an RSS feed at www.trendmicro.com/rss Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.