Third Annual CTF Cyber Competition
The threat landscape
Traditional physical IT environments are shifting towards virtualization, cloud and IoT (Internet of Things). Various systems, including industrial control systems and smart devices, are now connected to the Internet. And with no boundaries online, cyberattacks are increasingly more damaging and critical.
Test your knowledge and skills
Test your knowledge in targeted attacks, Internet of Things (IoT), Industrial Control Systems (ICS), and other cybersecurity issues.
In our mission to make the world safe for exchanging digital information, we are launching CTF 2017 Raimund Genes Cup. It’s a cybersecurity competition that combines online qualifier and on-site finals. Top ten teams from the qualifier will enter the finals, hosted in Tokyo in November 2017.
The online qualifier is in a “Jeopardy” format — players solve challenges in various cybersecurity categories. The top ten teams from the online qualifier will advance to compete in the final to be played with a combination of “attack and defense” and Jeopardy formats.
Challenges include categories that reflect the present and future of cybersecurity: ⃰ 1
The top three teams will claim the following prizes the final event hosted in Tokyo:
JPY 1,000,000 for the winning team
- ZDI Reward Points 15,000 points per player (equivalent of ZDI Bronze) for each member of the winning team.
- 10% automatic monetary bonus on all vulnerability submissions over 2018
- 10% ZDI Reward points multiplier on all vulnerability submissions over 2018
- One-time bonus of $2,000
- Automatic qualification for HITCON CTF 2017 Final to be hosted in Taipei in December 2017
Program: Jeopardy Style
Dates: June 24 - 25 2017
Duration: 24 hours
Start Time: 13:00 (JST) June 24, 2017
End Time: 13:00 (JST) June 25, 2017
Venue: Online (requires internet connection)
Requirements: Aged over 20
Program: Attack and Defense
Teams are given their own environment to attack and defend against each other.
Dates: November 11-12, 2017
Language: English (with Japanese support)
Venue: BELLESALLE Nishi Shinjuku
- Travel expenses covered*:
- Up to JPY200,000 per team
- Three nights’ accommodations** for the duration of the final
- Top ten teams qualified from online qualifiers (Maximum four members per group)
- Automatic qualification: Winners from the following events are eligible for participating in Trend Micro CTF 2017 - Raimund Genes Cup - The Final
- Egypt National CTF
* Conditions apply
** Accommodation arranged by Trend Micro