3Pursuant to Commercial Code Article 210 relating to Acquisition of Treasury Stocks
Tokyo, Japan – June 25, 2003 - Trend Micro (TSE: 4704; Nasdaq: TMIC), a worldwide leader in network antivirus and Internet content security , today resolved at a meeting of its Board of Directors to repurchase its shares from the market.
- Repurchase period: July 1 to July 28, 2003
- Number of shares to be repurchased: Maximum of 500,000 shares
- Aggregate cost: Maximum of 997,500,000 yen
- Repurchase method Transactions through the Tokyo Stock Exchange
1. At the 14th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders on March 26, 2003, the following was resolved.
Number of shares to be repurchased: Maximum of 2,500,000 shares
Aggregate cost: Maximum of 5,000,000,000 yen
2. After the 14th Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders on March 26, 2003, the Company has repurchased its shares as follows:
Aggregate number of shares repurchased: 364,000 shares
Aggregate cost: 624,061,000 yen
About Trend Micro:
Trend Micro Incorporated (TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years' experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers' and partners' needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud security infrastructure, our industry-leading cloud-computing security technology, products and services stop threats where they emerge, on the Internet, and are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://trendmicro.mediaroom.com/ and as part of an RSS feed at www.trendmicro.com/rss Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.