(Note: Close all instances of Internet Explorer before proceeding with the following solution.)
Important Windows XP Cleaning Instructions
Users running Windows XP must disable System Restore to allow full scanning of infected computers.
Users running other Windows versions can proceed with the succeeding solution set(s).
Running Trend Micro Antivirus
If you are currently running in safe mode, please restart your computer normally before performing the following solution.
Scan your computer with Trend Micro antivirus and delete files detected as JS_DLOAD.MD, TROJ_DROPPER.EYC and TROJ_SMALL.IYS. To do this, Trend Micro customers must download the latest virus pattern file and scan their computer. Other Internet users can use HouseCall, the Trend Micro online virus scanner.
This malware exploits a known vulnerability in Internet Explorer. Download and install the fix patch supplied by Microsoft. Refrain from using this product until the appropriate patch has been installed. Trend Micro advises users to download critical patches upon release by vendors.
Note: To prevent your system from being infected by this malware, you may refer to the following workarounds:
- Set Internet and Local intranet security zone settings to "High" to enable prompts before running ActiveX Controls and Active Scripting in these zones
- Configure Internet Explorer to prompt before running Active Scripting or to disable Active Scripting in the Internet and Local intranet security zone
- Enable DEP for Internet Explorer 7
- Use ACL to disable OLEDB32.DLL.
- Unregister OLEDB32.DLL.
- Disable Data Binding support in Internet Explorer 8
Trend Micro offers best-of-breed antivirus and content-security solutions for your
small and medium business,
or home PC.