The Trend Micro Custom Defense is a family of security solutions that enable you to rapidly detect, analyze, and respond to targeted attacks and advanced threats before they unleash lasting damage.
Proven Threat Detection—Detects malicious behavior, command-and-control communications, lateral movement, and data exfiltration
Advanced Malware Analysis—Executes suspicious files and executables in virtual sandbox environments that are customized to precisely match your desktop images
Create a Unified Defense—Share threat insight with your security infrastructure to enable you to block and contain an attack
Prompt Response—Automatically correlates both local and global threat insights to enable rapid containment and remediation of compromised network assets and devices
The Deep Discovery platform is the foundation of the Trend Micro Custom Defense, integrating your security infrastructure into a comprehensive defense tailored to protect your organization against targeted attacks.
Flexibility to Address the Challenges that Matter to Your Organization
Detect and respond to targeted attacks
Identify suspicious inbound, outbound, and internal network activity and advanced malware associated with targeted attacks.
Stop targeted email attacks
Detect and block spear-phishing attacks, the most common way that targeted attacks and advanced threats penetrate target networks.
Enhance targeted attack protection
Increase the value of your Trend Micro and third-party security investments by adding custom sandbox analysis to detect advanced malware.
Detect and Respond to Targeted Attacks
The most costly targeted attacks and advanced threats are aimed directly at your organization. They’re designed to evade your traditional security strategies, breach your defenses, and steal your data and intellectual property.
In order to detect and respond to these attacks, Trend Micro enables your organization with 360-degree monitoring and detection provided by the Deep Discovery Inspector appliance.
- Comprehensive Protection—A single appliance monitors traffic over more than eighty applications and protocols and across every network port
- Best-in-class Detection—Identifies known and unknown malware, zero-day exploits, command-and-control communications, lateral movement, and other attack activities
- Rapid Remediation—Enables visibility into compromise of endpoints by providing detailed forensic data to enable fast containment and remediation of affected endpoints
- Integration and Intelligence Sharing—Enhances existing security infrastructure by sharing local and global threat intelligence with SIEMs, gateways, and other security layers
Endpoint Monitoring and Validation
With the optional addition of Trend Micro Deep Discovery Endpoint Sensor™ software, your security team can rapidly identify, validate, and contain compromised endpoint desktops, laptops, and servers without the need for issuing an IT service call.
READ SOLUTION BRIEF
Delivers 360-degree monitoring for network-wide detection of malware and attacker behavior
Detailed endpoint activity tracking enables rapid attack validation and analysis
Stop Targeted Email Attacks
The vast majority of targeted attacks are initiated by a targeted email, or spear-phishing attack. These attacks employ sophisticated social-engineering techniques to target specific users. As soon as their target clicks a link or opens an attachment within an email, attackers are able to establish a beachhead, to penetrate your network in search of valuable data and intellectual property.
To identify and stop targeted email attacks, Trend Micro provides a purpose-built single appliance. The Trend Micro Deep Discovery Email Inspector uses proven algorithms and specialized detection methodologies to detect and block email traffic that contains malicious attachments or URLs.
- Email Attachment Analysis—Examines attachments (including a wide range of Windows executables, Microsoft Office, pdf, Zip, Web content, and compressed file types) using multiple detection engines and custom sandboxing.
- Embedded URL Analysis—Reputation, content analysis, and sandbox simulation identify malicious URLs embedded in spear-phishing emails.
- Flexible Deployment and Interoperability—Deploys transparently in conjunction with existing email gateways to provide an additional layer of detection capabilities; can be deployed in MTA (blocking) or BCC (monitor) modes
READ SOLUTION BRIEF
Uses a variety of advanced techniques to detect and block spear-phishing and other targeted email attacks
Enhance Protection Against Targeted Attacks
Targeted attacks and advanced threats are designed to breach your network by evading your existing security defenses. If you have already invested in Trend Micro email and web security solutions, you can easily and cost-effectively leverage what you have to detect email and web-based targeted attacks.
Trend Micro customers using Interscan Messaging Security, Interscan Web Security, ScanMail for Exchange, or ScanMail for IBM Domino can readily add the ability to detect advanced malware by enhancing existing security with the custom sandboxing capability of the Trend Micro Deep Discovery Analyzer. Through tight integration with your existing Trend Micro products, it gives your organization the ability to detect and block malicious and potentially costly attacks that use email or web applications to infiltrate your network.
- Seamless Interoperability—Enhances existing Trend Micro email and web gateways without the need for policy or platform changes, and shares a common interface for defining policies and administration
- Custom Sandboxing—Performs sandbox simulation and analysis in environments that precisely match your desktop software configurations, ensuring optimal detection and low false-positive rates
- Detection of Advanced Malware—Uses multiple detection engines and custom sandbox environments that match your computing images, to provide superior detection of advanced malware that targets your organization and is delivered in common file formats, including Windows executables, Microsoft Office, PDF, Zip, and compressed file types
- Open Architecture—Enables manual submission of files for analysis, and uses a web services interface to easily integrate with third-party technologies
READ SOLUTION BRIEF
Enhances existing detection capabilities with advanced heuristics, sandboxing, and intelligence-sharing to discover targeted attacks and advanced threats