Tokyo, Japan – August 6, 2007 - Trend Micro (TSE: 4704; the “Company”), a leader in network antivirus and Internet content security software and services, today announced that the forecast of financial results for the second quarter of fiscal year ending December 31, 2007, which were announced on July 25, 2007, has been revised as set forth below:
1. Revision of forecast of financial results for the second quarter of FY2007 (Japan GAAP) (April 1, 2007 to June 30, 2007)
||Net Sales||Operating Income||Net Income|
|Forecast previously publish (A)||22,500||5,800||3,700|
|Revision made (B)||25,000||8,600||6,200|
|Ratio of increase or decrease||+11.1%||+48.3%||+67.6%|
2. Reason for Revision
Due to strong growth of revenues in North America mainly, the Company now forecast the second quarter Net Sales adding over 2.5 billion yen to the previous forecast. On the other hand, costs are slightly below forecasts due to lower stock option expenses as none have been issued during the quarter. Thus, Operating Income is expected to be 48.3% higher than what was previously forecast.
Net income forecast is now expected to be 67.6% above the previous forecast due to higher operating income as described above, as well as higher than expected non-operating income including interest income, etc.
In summary, as a result of this revision, compared to the Second quarter forecast previously published, Net Sales, Operating income and Net income are expected to increase by 11.1%, 48.3%, and 67.6%, respectively.
Notice Regarding Forward-looking Statements
Certain statements that we make in this release are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based upon management’s current assumptions and beliefs in light of the information currently available to it, but involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Many important factors could cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed in our forward-looking statements. These factors include:
• Difficulties in addressing new virus and other computer security problems
• Timing of new product introductions and lack of market acceptance for our new products
• The level of continuing demand for, and timing of sales of, our existing products
• Rapid technological change within the antivirus software industry
• Changes in customer needs for antivirus software
• Existing products and new product introductions by our competitors and the pricing of those products
• Declining prices for products and services
• The effect of future acquisitions on our financial condition and results of operations
• The effect of adverse economic trends on our principal markets
• The effect of foreign exchange fluctuations on our results of operations
• An increase in the incidence of product returns
• The potential lack of attractive investment targets and
• Difficulties in successfully executing our investment strategy
Trend Micro Incorporated (TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years' experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers' and partners' needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud security infrastructure, our industry-leading cloud-computing security technology, products and services stop threats where they emerge, on the Internet, and are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://trendmicro.mediaroom.com/ and as part of an RSS feed at www.trendmicro.com/rss Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.